The Cost-Effective Way To Replace Missing Teeth
The Cost-Effective Way to Replace Missing Teeth
At My Orthodontist, we understand the impact of a complete and functional smile on your overall oral health and confidence. Dental implants represent a cutting-edge approach to tooth replacement, offering not only a natural-looking aesthetic but also the stability and functionality that mimic your natural teeth. We blend the expertise of orthodontics with the precision of implant dentistry to provide you with a comprehensive solution for missing teeth.
Whether you’ve lost a tooth due to injury, decay, or other reasons, our skilled team is here to guide you through the transformative oral surgery process of dental implant placement. Explore the possibilities of regaining a fully restored and radiant smile with our specialized dental implant services tailored to meet your unique needs.
Why Our Doctors Would Recommend a Dental Implant
Dental implants are designed to provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth. These new teeth have many benefits, including:
- Natural Look and Feel: Dental implants provide a natural appearance and feel, blending seamlessly with your existing teeth. The crown, which serves as the visible part of the tooth, is custom-made to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth.
- Long-Term Solution: Unlike some traditional dental solutions, such as dentures and bridges, dental implants offer a long-lasting solution. With proper care and maintenance, implants can endure for many years, often a lifetime.
- Stability and Functionality: Dental implants are anchored directly into the jawbone, providing exceptional stability. This ensures that the replacement teeth function just like your natural teeth, allowing you to bite, chew, and speak with confidence.
- Preservation of Jawbone: When a tooth is lost, the underlying jawbone can start to deteriorate over time. Dental implants mimic the natural tooth root, stimulating the jawbone and preventing bone loss.
- No Impact on Adjacent Teeth: Unlike dental bridges, which may require the alteration of adjacent healthy teeth for support, dental implants stand independently. This preserves the integrity of neighboring teeth.
- Improved Speech: Ill-fitting dentures or missing teeth can impact speech. Dental implants provide a stable foundation, eliminating concerns about slippage or mumbling, thereby enhancing your ability to speak clearly.
- Ease of Maintenance: Dental implants are cared for just like natural teeth. Regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental check-ups are usually sufficient to maintain the health and longevity of your implants.
- Enhanced Oral Health: Dental implants don’t rely on support from adjacent teeth, which means your remaining natural teeth are preserved. This contributes to better overall oral health.
- Boost to Self-Esteem: A complete and aesthetically pleasing smile can significantly enhance your self-esteem and confidence. Dental implants offer a cosmetic solution that goes beyond just functional benefits.
- Versatility: Dental implants can replace a single tooth, several teeth, or even provide support for full arches of teeth, making them a versatile option for various levels of tooth loss.
The Anatomy of a Dental Implant
There are three parts that make up a dental implant.
- The implant: a titanium screw, which is surgically placed into the patient’s jaw bone where the original tooth used to be
- The abutment: a small piece that insures a snug fit
- Crown: the top part of the tooth, which is attached to the implant and matches your natural teeth
Come to Us With Your Dental Implant Questions
Dental implants are very a cost-effective oral surgery option for replacing a tooth and, if properly cared for, will last for many, many years. The process of placing a dental implant is simple and straightforward and is a regular treatment here at My Orthodontist in NJ.
If you are interested in a consultation about dental implants, please call one of our offices or email us. You can learn more about our practice by checking our business page, and make sure to get directions before heading our way.